Home Buying in Rigby>Question Details

Shanda Scott, Home Buyer in Rigby, ID

does anyone know of any builders in the area that will take trade in's?

Asked by Shanda Scott, Rigby, ID Wed Sep 28, 2011

Answers

2
Shanda,

I have a builder that may consider a trade. The terms have to be right, but they would certainly consider it. Give a call and we can talk more about it. My # is 208-552-5252.
I used to do a number of these with builder who were building their investment portfolios however it is much more difficult today. When I did them, the builder would have an appraisal done and pay about 80% since there were no real estate fees, marketing costs, etc.

What makes it hard today is that many homes have loans higher than current market value. Another issue is that many builder's credit rating has suffered due to being over extended when the market slowed/stopped for new construction.

Many builder's margins are very thin these days so taking a home in trade ties up their working capital. If they have a difficult home to sell, and yours is less expensive and more marketable, they might trade to lower their carrying costs.

I would be willing to discuss your specific situation if you like.