Keisha, Home Buyer in Landover, MD

does anyone have any knowledge of 1st time homebuyers programs if you live in md but want to move to dc?

Asked by Keisha, Landover, MD Sun Aug 26, 2012

Answers

4
Good evening Keisha,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hi Keisha,

The DC Market is hot right now and prices are increasing. give me a call to get you ready for your new home.
I know of one program that popped up. It is based on income, unless the location of the home is in a partuclar zipcode. If you are interested in Cheverly, that zipcode falls into the category for one hundred percent financing. I can email you the info. aprilrichardsonesq@hotmail.com
You can still use the HPAP program. That will get you the most money for down payment but is income qualified. You can read more about it here. http://www.gwul.org/programs/housing/hpap

The program does run out of money and is in fact known for running out with little notice. That's the best bet but there are other programs as well. Hope this helps get you started.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407