Home Buying in Tallulah>Question Details

Williams9726, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

does a realtor have to acknowledge your offer on a home?

Asked by Williams9726, San Francisco, CA Sun Jul 29, 2012

does a seller have to acknowledge your offer on a house

Answers

2
Katherine Racine’s answer
In Louisiana, any offer that is received in writing must be presented to the seller. The seller may or may not respond in writing - no response = no deal. However, if the seller has communicated their attempt at a short sale, they may "accept with the contingency that the sale is approved by the mortgage holder." Successions and other distress sales may take sone time.

In all cases, the listing agent (assuming there is one) should confirm receipt of the offer.
A Realtor does not OWN that house:
The Listing Agent is working for the Seller.
The decisions are the Sellers.

That said; you must realize that etiquite and courtesy are not something that was handed down to this new generation; probably not the last one either!

Particularly in Multiple Offer situations, I am not seeing the slightest courtesy to the "other" bidders on a house. I wouldn't hold my breath. Just move on, and don't let it get to you.