Home Buying in 60505>Question Details

SMHOLZER, Home Buyer in South Elgin, IL

do you have agents that work only for customers buying homes, not selling them?

Asked by SMHOLZER, South Elgin, IL Thu Jul 11, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You can direct any agent that you do not want them to be a Dual Agent in your transaction.
This is very common.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 15, 2013
Yes there are agents that work with mainly buyers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 15, 2013
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 15, 2013
Dear Smholzer,
I am the buyers agent, number one, Contact me and I will work 24/7 till we find that
home of your dreams or needs at this time. Email me with some of your info and specifications.
Area and type of house and within minutes I will be sending you some to look at.
Thanks Anthony Giannone
Kettley Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 15, 2013
Please give me a call or a email I can help you out . I will find you any home you are looking for.
You can reach me any time 24/7. Just let me know what area you are looking at and the type of house within minutes I will find you the house of your dreams.
Thanks Anthony Giannone
Kettley Realtors.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 12, 2013
It would be more of a company policy rather than an agents because all listings are owned by the office, not individual agents in that office, so you will see those offices called Exclusive Buyer Agencies since they would accept no listings. If agent A accepts no listings but agent B, in the same office does, then when agent A shows agent B's listing Agent A is a dual agent and can not be an exclusive agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 11, 2013
Tim, that's not actually the case in Illinois. Here we have "Designated Agency"... so you could have an listing agent and buyer's agent in the same office without invoking dual agency.
Flag Thu Jul 11, 2013
Yes, there are agents who work only with buyers.. and they'd be called "Exclusive Buyer's Agents"...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 11, 2013
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Illinois > Kane County > Aurora > 60505 > Home Buying in 60505 > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer