Home Buying in 07740>Question Details

Thekevster, Home Buyer in 07740

do i need to have a house c o before i go to closeing?

Asked by Thekevster, 07740 Tue Apr 28, 2009

i was told i cant clean the place up its not mine yet

Help the community by answering this question:


Bottom line, unless stated otherwise in your contract the seller needs to obtain the CO before closing. For example, in contracts for short sales the buyer often has the expense and responsibility for the CO. You do not want to close without a CO, even if you are paying cash. It can be a recipe for future costs and trouble later.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
Why of course, Mr. Leigh. I have seen such an occurrence. It's not the norm. Your point being? You are a better real estate agent than I? Congratulations, the line forms to the left.
Web Reference: http://Ask4Greg.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 29, 2009
Depends on the municipality. Some will let you"assume" the violations and close without the CO, others will insist on the repairs being complete. This has been rare, in my experience. Some towns do not inspect except for the fire detector (State law, they must.)

Those that allow assuption will not allow occupancy before the CO and will set limits on the time you take to remediate the defects.

I have seen closings where there was a mortgage with funds transfered and no CO. Perhaps Mr. Bain has not found companies willing to do so.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 29, 2009
The township will most likely give you a temporary CO for the transfer of title only. But, if you are using a mortgage to buy it - the mortgage company may want the CO and Fire Inspection done prior to release of the funds.
Web Reference: http://GregoryBain.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 28, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer