J, Home Buyer in 11211

do I need a inspector even I am buying new construction condo?

Asked by J, 11211 Sun Aug 31, 2008

Answers

6
You should always have a structural inspection even in new construction. Buying a home is probably the biggest financial transaction you will make in your life. A few hundred dollars for an inspection is money well spent. Even new construction can have serious problems. This is not the place to save a few dollars.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 31, 2008
If you saw the materials they were using on half of the new constructions in Downtown Brooklyn, you'd hire two inspectors. I think its pretty unanimous here.
Yes, many of the newer condos are of low quality. Are you sure you want to buy now? Prices are dropping like a rock.
Yes you do. It's more than worth the few hundred dollars it will cost you to have peace of mind.
Again...........ABSOLUTELY!!!

During the construction process, contractors make mistakes that can be overlooked even through their companies inspectors. It is imparative to have a home inspected. Inspector tell me they find more issues with a new home than an older one.

The "Eckler Team"
Absolutely!!!!! I sell new construction all the time and have found more issues with new construction than resales.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com