Sully, Home Buyer in Algoma, WI

do I need a forced air furnace to live in 33908 in the winter?

Asked by Sully, Algoma, WI Sun Mar 17, 2013

Answers

6
Hi Sully,
Your question has been adequately answered....our A/C systems provide heat for the few days a year it is required here. You will more often run the air conditioning that you will your heat.
no, our AC units provide heat for the few days we need it in the winter.
Hi, Danielle if the A/c unit is 1990 or newer with out looking at the unit; I would say the air condition unit has built into it a heating component. Un like up north the heating is not a big issue it is cooling.
I would be happy to answer your question and assist you in looking for a property.
Just call or e-mail me directly.
cell (239) 410-3604 Guymangano@aol.com
Feel free to visit my web site as well http://Www.guymangano.com
Guy, I am a broker in the area. The question was asked by Sully from Wisconsin. Thank you anyway though.
Flag Sun Mar 17, 2013
Up north forced air is 99% of the time run off gas. We do not have gas here. Regardless of what type of forced air unit it is we do not use it here. Our units have a heating element in the air handler.

Do you live in South Florida? Build here? Sell real estate here?
Danielle,

You need to do some research on forced air products, they don't all run with gas. They can be electric strips, heat pumps, natural gas or propane gas. They can be geo thermal as well. A heat pump is very common in Florida and it is a forced air unit and it is often the most efficient.
Forced air furnaces run off natural gas; everything is electric here. The air handler has a heating element vs forced air systems.

I'm from Michigan & have lived here over 5 years. Have yet to turn the heat on during the winter nights.