Home Buying in Severn>Question Details

Cyndi, Home Buyer in Severn, MD

deed is in my & x's name, mortgage is in x's, I have less then perfect credit, is there a program to help me get a loan?

Asked by Cyndi, Severn, MD Mon Mar 5, 2012

Answers

8
Hi Cyndi,

I'm not clear if you are trying to get a loan to buy the house you currently own or a new one. Most lenders can help you get a loan with a credit score of 640 or higher but some will go as low as 620. However, if you are not in a position to buy now, there are fast ways to improve your credit score.
Cyndi, we probably need more information to answer your question effectively. I did come across a lender recently that is doing loans for people with a 620 and lower credit score. We were not told how low the score could go. Not sure if this helps answer your question or not. if you would like to talk further, feel free to email me at Trisha@TDGMoves.com. Take care Trisha
Be cautious of any service that claims they will repair your credit score for a fee. Most credit scores take almost three years to heal on their own, provided the reason for the glitch has been resolved.
Hi Cindi, I am not clear about your question? There are different loans with different interest rates based on your credit.
To be able to help you better, is important to know what are the issues in your credit, late payments, collections, lack of credit lines , over spent. Based on the reason and yor current score there are a number of things that can be done to improve your credit.
For instance, if you have any credit cards that have not been used in a while, you want to dust them used them and pay them this will increase your credit, do not close any current credit lines. If you recently closed any old credit lines other than store cards you should try to get them reopened. The longer you have a credit card in good standing the better your score, etc.
Web Reference: http://MariaIsMyAgentl.com
Hello Cyndi, I am having a First Time Home Buyer Seminar please visit my website http://www.brdgtohomeownership.com to learn more. There will be a lender present you may want to attend and you could get all your questions answered.

Bridgette

Bridgette Gray
Professional Realtor
Century 21 Home Center
9811 Greenbelt Rd
Ste 205
Greenbelt, MD 20706
Direct: 202-486-9987
Toll Free: 800-679-9788 x 20
Office: 301-552-300
E-Fax: 240-624-2268
Email: brdgtohomeownership@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.brdgtohomeownership.com
Your credit scoring will determine if you can re-finance the home into your name. FHA will allow non-occupant co-borrowers to help your situation just be sure you use someone very experienced in the FHA program. I feel you pain, I have been down your road with clients before and finding co-borrowers made the sale work for everyone.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
The best person to answer that is a mortgage lender. Lenders are ideally looking for folks with credit scores of 620 or better I can recommend a couple of lenders who can either offer a soild program for you or offer some advise on what you need to do.
Yes, There may be some programs out there for you. Please feel free to contact me at karen.radisch@suntrust.com