Kimi, Home Seller in 85375

dO YOU THINK NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL OR SHOULD YOU WAIT ANOTHER YEAR ? aRE THE PRICES GOING TO GO BACK UP IN A YEAR OR SO, AND IF SO HOW MUCH DO YOU?

Asked by Kimi, 85375 Wed Oct 14, 2009

THINK?

Answers

5
My crystal ball is broken. It all depends on your motivation for relocating. Will you be purchasing another home or sitting on the side lines? If you are purchasing another home, you may take a loss on your home, but make it up on your purchase. Have a local agent run a CMA and see what you may be able to get for your home. I agree with everything being based on supply and demand. I personally do not believe waiting a year is going to help with a price recovery. If you chose to relocate to the Bradenton/Sarasota Area, look up my team.

http://www.sarasotarealtyteam.com

Kent
Kimi
In her California inventory is also low, I guess it depends on why you are selling and what is happening in your neighborhood. If you have lived there for at least 5 out of the last 8 years you may qualify for the $6500 but time is important for that credit at this point. I also bring up another good reason why it makes more sense to move now than later analyzing the prices when the market changes more. However this is based on your reason for moving.
Here is a link to my blog http://www.trulia.com/blog/dianne_hicks/2009/12/6500_dollar_…

Kindest Regards,
Dianne Hicks
Web Reference: http://www.di4homes.com
Kimi,

In Phoenix area the inventory is low! My buyers are making mulitple offers on multiple homes before getting accepted. Also the home buyers credit is motivating some home sellers to sell their homes!

If your home is priced well it can be a great time to sell! There are many factors that will affect your time to sell, such as loans on your home and how long ago you purchased your home!

If you would like a market analysis feel free to contact me!

Sincererly,

Lucinda Tkach
Windermere Central
It's all about supply and demand. Right now there is a large inventory of homes on the market due to foreclosures and short sales mixed in with regular homes on the market. Should the number of foreclosed and short sale homes increase, then the supply will out number the demand quite a bit. It all depends on what is going to happen in the next few months. The number of homes selling may go up but the prices will probably not go up until the market is rid of the surplus of homes. That could be awhile before that happens.
The decision to sell your home is based on factors in your unique situation and is ultimately up to you. With the $8K tax credit for first-time homebuyers homes are selling, but nobody can guarantee how quickly your home would sell if you were to put it on the market at this point in time. You would need to consult with a real estate professional in your area to determine what you would need to do to make your house sell as quickly as possible.

There's also no way of knowing if housing prices are going to go up next year in your area. The market determines the price of a home so it is dependent on what happens in your local real estate market.