Ed Huey, Home Seller in Blairsville, GA

current market conditions on 3/3 cabins 3000 S.F w/pool

Asked by Ed Huey, Blairsville, GA Mon May 14, 2012

average pricing on 3/3 cabins, three to four years old near the lake with a pool

Answers

4
Its impossible to give a legitimate price without seeing the home! As for the market, In Blairsvill its looking up, and I am encouraged for the first time in years! We are low on inventory (366 homes on market as of today)! I'd be happy to come by, take alook, and give you a Market Analyis at your convenience! I also do a Monthly Market report, so if interested just e mail me and I will include you in that report e mail!
Current Market conditions in Blairsville are looking up for Home Sellers! Its SO nice to be able to say that again! Our office has had 7 contracts accepted in the last 5 days, and better yet, we really need inventory! I'd be happy to come by and do a Market Analysis for you any time!
Mr. Huey - I took the liberty of looking up the details on your home. It's very lovely and the location off Highway 325 is ideal. That's a very desirable area. To answer your question about current market conditions. There are still a considerable amount of foreclosures being introduced to the market and, unfortunately, they continue to drive prices down. While market pricing was pretty much out of control for a few years, the market values are more of a "correction" - in other words, bringing prices back to a manageable and affordable range.

With the exception of the swimming pool, there are currently 18 listings in Union County which, from cursory review, are comparable to your home. Unfortunately there are not many pool homes in the area with which to compare. The prices on these 18 listings range from $150,000 to $320,000.

YTD 2012 there have been 9 comparable sales (again, minus the swimming pool) with sales prices from $139,500 to $265,000. You can view these listings by clicking the link below. Again, you will have to adjust the sales price for the pool - which, unfortunately will probably NOT equal what you paid for it.

We would be more than happy to make a personal visit to your home and give you a more specific value. However, I think you can get a good idea from these properties. Our advise to property owners is very simple - if you don't HAVE to sell, now is not the best time. On the other hand, if you do NEED to sell, a home that is priced competitively, kept in "show ready" condition and marketed aggressively will sell!

We're here to answer any questions you may so please feel free to call 828-361-9783.

Bill and Cyndi Daves
Coldwell Banker High Country Realty
With Four Offices located in Murphy NC and Hiawassee, Blue Ridge and Ellijay, Georgia
Hi Ed - I would be happy to come out and look at your property and give you a fair market value. It's sounds beautiful! Let me know!