Drmcfall, Home Buyer in Edgewater, NJ

could declining values in a no pet building be turned around by allowing pets?

Asked by Drmcfall, Edgewater, NJ Wed Aug 1, 2012

Answers

3
Pam Burns’ answer
Buildings that allow pets appeal to ALL buyers and as a result, increase the buyer pool and property values. Buildings that do not allow pets drastically decrease their buyer pools because anyone who has a pet will not even look in these buildings. Encourage your board to allow pets, install a dog run (if possible), and write up ground rules for pet owners. The board may want to have a size limit of fewer than 50 lbs and encourage owners and renters to pay a pet deposit.
Sure. By allowing pets, you open up ownership to a whole new group of people. Any time you increase the number of potential owners, you increase the potential for price improvement.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
I've been selling apartments for 30 years, and my answer is definitely YES. since so few buildings allow pets I think it would help. My experience is that even in no pet buildings plenty of people have pets, so you may as well. Once suggestion is to charge a "pet fee" to cover any messes