rosie medina, Home Owner in Orland, CA

could I sell my home while looking for another I would like to see what my home is worth first so that I know how much I could afford we need room?

Asked by rosie medina, Orland, CA Tue Mar 11, 2014

Answers

3
The short answer is that it is possible to make an offer subject to the sale of your property, but the likelihood of such an offer being accepted would best be gauged by a local real estate pro. In a hot seller's market like we have in San Francisco it would be virtually impossible to get such an offer accepted, but it may be easier where you are.
Rosie, yes you can.
Let me caution you regarding one of the issues this presents.
Too often a buyer finds the home they 'love' and realize they must sell their existing home for a price higher than the market will support. You the owner will believe and say, "I need to sell my home for $999,9999,.999 in order to buy the new bigger home. Some buyer/seller are able to understand these are two independent transactions and linking them together will not end well.

rely on the pro you hire to keep the schedules in sync. This is done successfully very, very, often.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Yes. It really comes down to timing though. If you find a home you want to buy and your home has not sold it will be really tough to get that to work. Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com