Donna Fodera…, Real Estate Pro in Bloomingdale, IL

cost to install central air with no ductwork

Asked by Donna Foderaro, Bloomingdale, IL Fri Jun 10, 2011

Answers

5
My wife and I just purchased central air for $10,500 through Sears. we have a ranch style home L shaped. There putting the unit outside and an air handler and the new duct work in the attic with 9 vents and a return vent. Sears will come and give you a free estimate. They were the second estimate we got and it was the same as the one from Home Depot. we chose Sears, hope this helps
Hi Donna--make sure to also price the job with an A/C system that uses flexible round, durable plastic tubing
instead of metal duct work.

You can fit many more ducts into a smaller space and there is less tearing up of
walls via this method.

Harvey Heit., Broker
Long Island City, NY
THank you for your help, I should have been a bit more clear...I have a buyer looking to buy a home that currently has radiant heat and window a/c units; I realize that I need to get estimates however I was wondering if there was anybody out there who had untaken a project like this before. The cost's I'm thinking about include cutting into all the drywall, installing ductwork and running it throughout, etc. It's a rather huge project that I personally would not take on. Just wondered if there was anyone out there that has done something like this before and could give a hint at the cost. Thank You though!!!!!
Much will depend on the size of the unit(s) needed; consider contacting any local central air installers and ask for free estimates...
If you are referring to the Zmitsubishi Slim Jim, I have them in my home. I have a large 7 bedroom colonial and we have 3 units; 1 very large one for the first floor and two smaller units for the second floor and the exterior compressor. It cost us approximately $11k.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com