Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

adaserrano1, Other/Just Looking in Newport Beach, CA

condo or single family homes close to the beach?

Asked by adaserrano1, Newport Beach, CA Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

4
Hello Ada,

This very much depends on if you are a "home" or a "condo" person.

Some people prefer a community feel of a condo, meeting new people, having someone to say hello to, having a nice gym, pool, party room etc...The condo people usually love the views from a higher floor, and not having have to do much to maintain their property. Things less attractive: everybody has to pay assessments for work needed on the building - sooner or later. Water and sewer, as well as basic cable, as well as amenities are included in the monthly maintenance fee.

Home people often want room for their kids to play, they might enjoy gardening, but all of the maintenance for the property falls on their shoulders - and usually there is something that needs to be done. Also - the owners pay for water and sewer, home and flood insurance. There could termite treatments "tenting" to be paid for as well. In the home case, it is very important to look at the criminal statistics for the area - and gated communities are usually preferred by buyers in FL.

If you are unsure which kind of person you are - condo or home - then check out value increases
in the area you like - usually condo close to the beach growth faster in value than a house, based on statistics here in FL.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Thank you for your interest in the Jacksonville area. I would love to help you find a condo or single family home in the area. Please call me at 904-476-4120 to discuss or email me at paige@paigewajsman.com . I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Paige Wajsman
The Paige Wajsman Team
If you have more details about your search feel free to email me.
rob@jaxhomeseller.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
There are many condos and single family homes in the beaches area. Have you been approved for financing yet? Also, what is your price range? Please contact me and our team at Watson Referral Real Estate for more details

Margaret Rogers
Realtor, SFR
email: mlrogers30@yahoo.com
office: 800-444-5724
cell: 904-962-7703
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013