Home Buying in Brentwood>Question Details

Diana, Home Buyer in Brentwood Center, Br...

commute form West Brentwood to Fremont Ca does anyone know how long that would take if need to be at work at 830am mon-fri

Asked by Diana, Brentwood Center, Brentwood, CA Mon Jan 14, 2013

Answers

6
In reality you are going through 3 of the worst commutes in the Bay Area to get to Fremont …

Vasco Road – always stop and go during rush hour both directions
580 – totally bunched up from Vasco to 680 and the opposite starting early every afternoon
680 – (the preferred route to get around to Fremont – you miss the Castro Valley Y, 237 and you go counter commute once you hit 880) is always slow – but you do have the new HOV lane if you are willing to pay extra.

90 minutes one way would be an easy bet … 3 hours a day in your car???

I know I wouldn’t do it.
.
Hello Diana, Yes I was going by Brentwood in Southern CA, lol. That would be 1 hours and 30 minutes drive from Contra Costa county Brentwood to Fremont. Do you need listings emailed to you to consider? What cities are you considering. Do you need a pre-approval in minutes?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/Conventional.aspx

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
9am till 9pm 7 days
Assuming you are referring to Brentwood in Contra Costa County. It would probably take you 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from Brentwood to Fremont depending on what route you take, and your starting point.

Be well................

Judy Harris, Realtor
Dre: 01164997
925-550-2320
judy@judyharrisrealtor.com
I agree...about 1 1/2 hours from Brentwood to Fremont. It also depends where you are starting out in Brentwood and where you end up in Fremont! I suggest my clients spend a night (in a hotel) near their possible new home and do the commute in the evening and again the next morning. For about $100 you can decide if this is the place you want to live (at least the commute portion). And keep in mind, Friday afternoons and Monday mornings are always the heaviest travelled time.

FYI: I think Sheryl is not aware that there is a Brentwood in northern California as well as southern California! It would take about 5 hours to drive from Fremont to Brentwood (near UCLA)!

Have a fabulous evening!

Sally Blaze
DRE 01856137
925-998-1284
sblaze@apr.com
Hi Diana....obviously the person with the five hour answer is in the wrong market....your drive would be about an hour and a half but there are some short cuts and there are a LOT of people commuting from here to there. But with the quality of life and the excellent free schools this is a great trade off! If you like water sports then you will feel like every weekend is a vacation when you are home! Call me for a tour. I promise you will love it! Cathy Daniel 925-784-8863
Hi Diana,

The commute would be anywhere from 1 hour 10 minutes to 2 hours with heavy traffic traffic/ accidents.

Christy
Service First Real Estate