Home Buying in Charleston>Question Details

Jessica, Other/Just Looking in

closed on new home 2 months ago, have found major water/structural damage that was not disclosed

Asked by Jessica, Tue Oct 19, 2010

we hired contractors to come in to redirect downspouts to flow away from house. When they were cutting concrete they discovered $20-30 in major water damage that has led to structural damage. They discovered stucco type patching where it had been covered up. Since it was covered up the building inspector did not see damage. The seller had been here for 30 years, so I would say she knew about it, however, did not disclose. what can we do about this?? Help!!!!

Help the community by answering this question:


The real estate commission is not a legal advisor, you need to go get an attorney fast. You have rights and expectations, did the seller give you a disclosure? Did you buy through a Realtor? Did you get a home inspection?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 8, 2013
First contract the WV Real Estate Commission and find out what your rights are specifically or feel free to contact the WV Attorney Generals office and file a complaint. If you haven't gotten the issue resolved please contact our company to come out and and see how bad the damage is.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 3, 2012
Are you kidding me? The real estate commission does not offer legal advice on anything you are just BS ing these people, what they need to do is find an attorney and get legal advice. And stay away from Contractors that offer to come fix the problem!!!
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
Hi Jessica,

I suggest that you talk with an attorney about your situation to see if they can help you seek restitution. Sorry that you are experiencing these issues.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer