Roger Marvel, Home Buyer in 46307

cheap 1000 homes

Asked by Roger Marvel, 46307 Mon Jan 12, 2009

how can i find a home without singing a contract and signing up for paid literiture

Answers

5
Rick Yoder’s answer
Roger,

As the other agents have stated, as a buyer you should not be paying for Realtor assistance. Most agents in our area don't even require buyers to sign an exclusive buyer agency agreement. If you are being asked to pay for literature, that sounds like the sites that will send you information on foreclosures. Truth be told almost all foreclosures end up getting listed in our mls. In addition a lot of the information I see these foreclosure sites send out is out of date and the properties are sold already. Below is a link to the mls in your area. Use it to your hearts delight, ITS FREE!

If there is anything else I can do let me know.

best regards,
Rick
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 12, 2009
roger, if indeed you are talking about signing a buyers contract as it seems to be suggested, then i'd highly encourage you not to go seeing any houses without signing one. I wouldn't want my selling agent to have to explain to me all my rights without going to their office and reading it all on paper first. I've been told by some teachers of mine that that really isnt optional in the first place. as for paying for literature, i cant imagine who does that.scott
In Northwest Indiana there is a public site that everyone can use to search for homes in many different criteria and requirements, you can also find a Realtor there. You can have an agent send you with what you are looking for. The best part is they can customize the search to fit your needs and then you don't have to search site after site, they e-mail it directly to you. Less hassle. I, personally, like to meet with new clients prior to starting to work with them to go over their plans and goals for their home search, but don’t require my clients sign a contract.
Web Reference: http://www.gniar.com
if you could be a little more specific about your situtaion,we can help you. But please know that contacting an agent to help you in your search will cost you nothing. The buyer agent is paid from the seller's costs at closing.
Hi Roger,
A REALTOR can help you find a home without signing a contract and free of charge. Please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks.

Pete George - REALTOR
Century 21 Scheetz
317-702-2881 - Cell
pgeorge3@c21scheetz.com
Web Reference: http://www.buygeorge.biz