VPat, Home Buyer in 08844

central jersey somerset county - buyer's agent

Asked by VPat, 08844 Tue Dec 15, 2009

central jersey somerset county - i need a buyer's agent for negotiations with new (construction) home builder/builder's agent if there is someone it
would be great to hear from you vpguru(at)gmail(dot)com

KT Catlin’s answer
Any seasoned agent that is experienced in New Home Sales can represent you. There are some hitches :
1. To represent you as a “Buyer’s Agent”, the agent cannot work for the same company that has the listing. If the Company is a Franchise different offices have different Broker Owners and are different companies so the “Brand” may be the same but not the company. If the agent works for the same company you will be working with a disclosed dual agent. NOW that does not mean they won’t do a good job for you.
2. This next point is key…MOST Builders require you to arrive for your 1st visit with your agent and the agent must sign you in to be compensated. If you have already signed in without an agent this could present a problem. If this is the case you could end up compensating your agent yourself as they will not get paid from the transaction.
Hi there VPat, just checking in to see if you have found the support you sought in pursuing this new construction opportunity or others in Somerset County. It is always helpful to work with an agent that can bring the perspective gained from vigorous market activity - in new construction and resales. Let us hear from you. Somerset County is where I live, work, it is what I know best - do let me know if I can be of assistance.

Happy New Year to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Search the MLS at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi VPat,
You certainly need someone with recent experience dealing with builders and new construction. That would be me as I have just closed a new construction deal in Raritan Twp (adjacent to Hillsborouh) with very favorable terms for the buyers. Incidently, I also marketed their existing home in Hillsborough. I look forward to hearing from you and discussing how I can help. Please email or call me at your convenience (email sent separately).

Nicholas Welsh
I assume the new construction is in Hillsborough and I am very familiar with the Hillsborough/Montgomery area. Your request is a wise one because it is in your best interest to have agent representation when negotiating any real estate purchase or sale whether it is new or a resale. In addition to getting to know your needs and wants in your search for a new home, I need to know whether you have already registered with the builder's agent and how far along you are in the negotiations.

Please feel free to contact me for more information about my qualifications.

Gloria Laughton Allston, REALTOR, GREEN, SRES, SFR
(609)688-7330 (direct)
VPat if you have already visited the new construction site you may have already put yourself in the position where your agent would have a hard time being compensated by builder in representing you. How did you learn about the developement(s) you are considering? The best way to negotiate is with knowledge so I would have to say it is better to have an agent who has knowledge of the local and competing new construction. It doesnt hurt to have prior experience dealing with builders either but in all honesty it will come down to knowledge, motivation and desire. (on all parties)
I have represented buyers purchasing in numerous different developments with many different builders. Not all builders are equal. Not all have the same warranties and often even with the same companies different project managers do better jobs than others.
Interview a few agents and ask which builders they have worked with and what was good and bad. There are many many things to consider.
Sure you can consider me for southern Somerset county if this is where you are looking.
Kenneth "Ken" Verbeyst CRS GRI ABR SRES GREEN
Broker Associate
Prudential Fox&Roach
Interview two-three agents and don’t be too concerned as to their locations; sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one outside your area. Choose the one you like best as you will be spending some time together.
I worked 4 years for a national builder as a NJ salesperson. As someone who knows how the builders operate and negotiate, I may be able to help you. Let me know what you are looking to accomplish, and I'll help you any way I can.
Hi VPat, my name is Jeanne Feenick and I am a full time agent with Weichert Realtors' Warren Township office located in Somerset County. I would be honored to assist you - I just sent you an email and look forward to hearing back from you.

Jeanne Feenick
"Unwavering Commitment to Service"
Find success at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com