anettesander…, Home Buyer in Neversink, NY

can you tell me your tax bracket and which property's are in a low tax bracett?

Asked by anettesanders547, Neversink, NY Sun Sep 22, 2013

Answers

3
A Real Estate sales person can tell you what the taxes on a property are. They should have documents to show this to you. They can explain what the assessed value of the property is and that what you are being charged is based on a percentage of the assessed value of the property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
I'm not entirely sure of your question Annette. Are you asking which township in Sullivan County, NY has the lowest taxes? If so, it is Neversink Township. NYC subsidizes taxes here because of the water shed. Your tax bracket is tied into Federal and State income taxes you pay. Your tax bracket depends on your adjusted taxable income. A portion of the taxes paid to the township and school district are tax deductible. Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
that's answers my question sir thank you very much
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
No, I decline to tell you my tax bracket.

Property is assessed and the tax is based on the assessed value. A town or county will set a tax rate and tax based on that rate times the assessed value. Homes are not in brackets.
thank you very much
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013