Movingsoon, Home Buyer in 20878

can you negotiate with NV homes when buying a pre-construction home?

Asked by Movingsoon, 20878 Mon Mar 5, 2012

Answers

12
Greg Myers’ answer
Yes you can negoitiate on your home purchase. You have more room to negotiate if the home is a spec home
(already built) that to be built. There is more to your home purchase than the final sales price, its all about the
contract your will sign. Realtors use standard contracts through out the state of Maryland. Builder new home contracts have NO set standards in Maryland and can contain any language the builder deems necessary to protect the builder.

Use a real estate professional to read and explain the contract before you sign it. The builder will pay a commission to a realtor to represent your interest in your home purchase and using a realtor has NO effect on your negotiated sales price. Your builder sales contract will contain 25 to 30 contract pages yet new home buyers get hung up on just one line of one page of the contract which contains the "SALES PRICE". Buying a home is much more than one line on one page. Your home purchase is a package of legal binding documents

If you could hire a "Buyers agent" to negotiate your next car purchase and get that service for FREE..you should do it.......I know I would.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
301-258-7757
You bet! Most buyers go into new home sales centers without an agent to represent their best interests. That is a mistake. Our compensation is already factored into every home they sell, BEFORE they tell you the price. So going in without your trusted adviser is really just leaving a huge asset laying in wait. While we may not be able to get you a lower price in some cases, in most cases we can get the builder to throw in some extras like an upgrade or an extra amenity. Talk with your trusted real estate professional about your new home purchase BEFORE you head over to the community you want to check out. We are more than happy to look with you and give you advice not only on your purchase, but which options you select will have an impact when you go to sell. After all, you will one day be a seller of that home also!
Absolutely! Everything is negotiable!! Definitely have an agent represent you in all cases of home buying, even new construction!
Everything is negotiable in real estate. Builders often run specials to give you no closing costs, free sunrooms or other interior goodies. And the pricing structure may vary throughout the year depending on inventory and sale demand. Do you homework and bring a Realtor to represent YOU throughout the process.
Thanks for all your answers, the development in question is Clarksburg Village and I would love some feedback from anyone who has experience in that development and specifically what they were able to negotiate with NV in CV??
I always encourage my clients to negotiate the price of their new home by increasing the options and asking for all the closing costs. My experience with new home sales is that the builder would rather do that than reduce the price. Once you have closed on your new home, no one will be the wiser that you got $50,000 in upgrades and they didn't! The sales price for your home will not reflect the builder's concession so he can go on to negotiate with the next client, who won't know that you got everything thrown in! I love negotiating with builders. If you want to give me a call, I would love to talk.
Web Reference: http://www.lisehowe.com
Dear Movingsoon,
You have a good question. I just spent time with a client, at the same builder last week. This community was almost sold out, so as a result, NV offered very little. Their closing cost help were next to none, and they wouldn't "throw in" any options. At the right community, with slow sales, you can negotiate more effectively. I've worked with builders and negotiated free hardwoods, free gourmet back splash, double closing help, $30,000 less in price and more. Again, it depends on the success of that specific community. The builder doesn't want to have homes up ready, and empty. If they do, then in those areas, you will have a lot of power over the terms. It never hurts to ask though. Better to be told "No", then to pay more unnecessarily.
Ariana Loucas
ABSOLUTELY! Every builder I have worked with will negotiate with a qualified Buyer. You should contact a REALTOR first before previewing these homes to receive the best representation possible. Remember, the builder is NOT there to represent you...they represent their own interests....
Hello Home Buyer, everything could be negotiated...remember this as a rule of thumb. Anyhow, I would agree with Christine, you should always have a Realtor representing you. The agents that work for the builder has the builder best interest and not yours no matter how much they say you are getting a deal. They work for the Builder!

You may call me or email me with any questions.

In addition, I am having a First Time Home Buyer Seminar please go to my website to learn more and tell everyone you know that maybe interest in attending.

-Best
Bridgette

Bridgette Gray
Professional Realtor
Century 21 Home Center
9811 Greenbelt Rd
Ste 205
Greenbelt, MD 20706
Direct: 202-486-9987
Toll Free: 800-679-9788 x 20
Office: 301-552-300
E-Fax: 240-624-2268
Email: brdgtohomeownership@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.brdgtohomeownership.com
You can usually negotiate on the options and on closing cost assistance, not on the price. But it really depends on how well the homes are selling. They don't deal unless they have to! You are also more likely to get them to negotiate on homes that are ready to move-in.
Maybe...depends on the community, the current incentives, the sales rep, and the relationship between your Realtor and the builder. I know the new home business very well, and know many at NV Homes. Contact me and I might be able to help you save some $$.
You should have a realtor representing you who will know how to negotiate with the builder and have your back