Home Buying in Berne>Question Details

marietta gray, Real Estate Pro in Franklin Square, NY

can you find out how long a house has been on the market before the current listing?

Asked by marietta gray, Franklin Square, NY Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

4
If it was listed with a broker, your agent can provide the information; however if interested in the property, don't focus too much on market time, rather review comps with you agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
If the property has been initially listed with a real estate broker, your realtor should be able to retrieve the days on the market the property has been on and its history.

This is based on the premise that the property was not an FSBO prior to the listing.

Best
Hi Marietta,

Any Realtor that you are working with can do that for you. :) If you aren't working with a Realtor already, feel free to send me the property's address and I will pull up any pertinent information you need.

I'm a Certified Buyer Representative in the Capital Region, so I would be happy to help. A Buyer's Representative protects your interests in a transaction, but comes at no cost to you. We are paid from the seller's closing costs.

Let me know if I can be of assistance!
~Tori Romeo
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Certified Buyer Representative
Bliss Properties of NY
tori@blisspropertiesofny.com
518-788-8865
Absolutely. Realtors can see the past history on property in the multiple listing service. We see the original price, reductions, pending, sold and if they switched agents etc. Please let me know which property you are regarding and I can give you updated information. Thanks.
Teri Cranston
Realty USA
Associate Broker
518-376-8532
http://www.homescapitaldistrict.com
http://www.tcranston@realtyusa.com