Home Buying in Troy>Question Details

Diane, Other/Just Looking in Troy, OH

can you buy a house if you are still married but separated and with no money down?

Asked by Diane, Troy, OH Thu Oct 14, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Troy

Help the community by answering this question:


James Deskins’ answer
Nope. The only true no-money down program is VA for veterans. Even if you qualified you can't buy a house without your current spouse signing a "release of dower" at the minimum. That's the rule in Ohio. And, if you are going through a divorce, or may be soon, no lender will touch you. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 14, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Ohio > Miami County > Troy > Home Buying in Troy > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer