Home Buying in Cedar Bluff>Question Details

Paul Morrow, Home Buyer in Carrollton, GA

can we live in a mobile home year round if it is on a recreational lot with an easement running behind it?

Asked by Paul Morrow, Carrollton, GA Tue Apr 10, 2012

Answers

2
According to the Weiss Lake guidelines of Alabama Power Shoreline Management any improvements within the boundaries of the reservior (easement) must be pre-approved and permitted. Generally a manufactured home isn't allowed on a recreational lot... but campers and motor homes are. You can schedule a site visit with an APSM local representative to discuss your plans and review your options.
The mobile home is already there and has been for quiet sometime.The gentleman that owns it now bought it from another family that lived there permantly.We wanted to buy it and live there but we wanted to know since it had been there for a long time if it was ok to live in it ?
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
My hesitant answer would be "yes", but first I'd want to know about local zoning and codes. What exactly is a "recreational lot"? The trailer could not physically lie on the easement either.