Home Buying in Tehachapi>Question Details

Rick, Home Buyer in Tehachapi, CA

can we as the buyer opt to have escrow close earlier than thirty days?

Asked by Rick, Tehachapi, CA Mon Mar 28, 2011

Answers

9
Assuming your lender can close early and the seller agrees, absolutely! The hold up is usually with the lenders - so hopefully you have a good one.
Hello Rick, yes of course if it is agreed to in the purchase contract and your Lender can do it?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
Everything is negotiable.....but, can your lender close earlier? Can the sellers move out earlier?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Rick,
Escrow can close in less than 30 days, if the tile is clear and the loan is already funded.
Hi Rick!

Well, by now you know as long as the buyer and the seller are in agreement (and lending is not an issue) you certainly can close escrow in less than 30 days.

There is one thing to look out for, though. Make sure you give yourself enough time to complete any inspections-and request and have completed any repairs-on the property. Making sure you know what you're getting, by having apppropriate inspections, is more important than ever. This is because so many of the homes for sale have been either neglected or damaged prior to being foreclosed on.

If you would like to join my Weekly Newsletter where I answer questions such as this, please call me @ 661.496.9674, Melanie Kirkland, Realtor, CDPE.
Yes, you can close earlier than 30 days. However, if you are getting a loan to make your purchase, your lender may need the full 30 days or more to get the loan completed. If you are making an all cash purchase, you can close as soon as escrow has all the paperwork completed and you have wired your funds to escrow, sometimes this can be in as little as 15 days.

Both buyer and seller must agree to the closing date and all disclosures and other documents must be completed before escrow can close and record.

If you are currently working on a transaction, discuss this with your agent. If not, please feel free to call me at 661-472-9058. Visit my website to see more of my listings.
Web Reference: http://www.WendyFinley.com
Rick,

As the buyer, you are certainly entitled to request an earlier close of escrow. Typically the escrow period is negotiated as part of the purchase contract. Sometimes there are compelling reasons for either party to want to delay the close of escrow. Sometimes, depending on how complicated the transaction is, it may not be possible to close escrow in as little as 30 days.

If you are currently involved in a trancsaction, your real estate agent should be able to assist you with these quesions. If not, I would be happy to speak with you about these or other questions you may have. Feel ree to call me at 661.375.REAL (7325) or email Sally @HomeSalesSally.com
Rick -

Yes you can close earlier, if everyone is in agreement to do so. Normally, sellers are ok with moving it up as they get their money sooner. However, if they haven't moved out, make sure they can close and give you keys on earlier date.

CJ
Web Reference: http://www.TalkToCJ.com
Yes you can based on buyer and seller agreeing on closing date.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com