Carol Lambert, Real Estate Pro in Wake Forest, NC

can u give me an idea of the uniqueness of se Raleigh opposed to the other areas of Raleigh?

Asked by Carol Lambert, Wake Forest, NC Tue Sep 17, 2013

Answers

3
Carol,
As far as I can see there is nothing unique about Southeast Raleigh. With the exception of the number of oak trees. There seems to be a concentration of oak trees located in Southeast Raleigh.

Being a native of Raleigh I can truthfully say that the most unique part of Raleigh is West Raleigh, and the most beautiful part of Raleigh (in my humble opinion) is of course North Raleigh. In particular , BayLeaf.
Hi Carol:

NC State University is located in SE Raleigh so there seems to be more of the university influence, student housing (investor rentals), the state fairgrounds, and older commercial/warehousing segments, though that sort of zoning is spread around the city. There are a number of nice neighborhoods and parks also, and it is easy to find a home where the aforementioned aspects are not an influence. Depending on where one might work and commute, that part of town is a good location to go east, south, or west of town and it would be in the worst of traffic heading towards RTP locations as it blends in with Cary traffic flow. Is there a reason that you are focusing on the SE part of town?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
As a relative newcomer to Raleigh. I think one of the things that makes it unique is it's diversity. It resembles a true downtown. It has it's inner city residential areas which some are low income. It also has some very quaint areas. Downtown Raleigh is a short walk or bicycle ride way. It isn't as cookie cutter as some other parts. It's also in close proximity to NC state which makes it desirable to a younger crowd as well.