Trisha, Home Buyer in Wall Township, NJ

can some one please tell me how the flooding situation is in 07719 the wall township of new jersey was thinking of buying a house there.?

Asked by Trisha, Wall Township, NJ Wed May 2, 2012

just wanna make sure im not gonna have to pump out my house every year. thank you

Answers

11
Not from that area though I have read some very helpful blogs!
Keep Blogging
Flag Sun Jun 9, 2013
It could vary. I have a house for sale on 12th ave.
The owner said he didn't see any damage or water in the house.
Doug,
Most of damage in Wall was wind/tree damage. Still a good place to buy! I'd be happy to help you if you're not working with anyone! Barbara
I'm selling a house on Belmar Blvd in front of the Glendola Reservior and never in 40 years had any flooding issues. No hurricane damage either.
Hi Trisha,
I am not sure if you ever purchased the home in Wall, if you did- I hope you made out alright during the storm. If you have questions regarding flooding in a particular area you should check the township flood map- proved to be pretty accurate for 07719 during Superstorm Sandy.
Any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at anytime!
Happy New Year!
Marissa
depending where the house is, some house near lake como flood when there is a terrible rain storm, not as many houses were flooded considering the storm was that bad. Don;t get me wrong many did and mine was one of them.....now i'm diplaced and can't find anything
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
I have a house for sale on Belmar Blvd on the water - 300 acre private reservoir- for sale. wv_mba@earthlink.net
There are a few houses in Wall/West Belmar that are on the Shark River Inlet, but flooding is very rare...
Most of Wall Twp is not in a flood zone. However, there are sections along the Manasquan river, the Shark river, and the tributaries of both of those that are in a flood zone.
Just because you live in a flood zone does not mean that you would be pumping out your house anyway. There are all different designations for the flood zones--ranging from direct water way to 100 year flood zones. And, we have some very good waterproofing companies here who can help if there is a chance you would get water. That coupled with some good sump pumps and a back up generator would keep you dry.
If you would like to receive some listings for sale that are not in a flood zone, you can reach out to me via Trulia or my website below--where you can search for homes yourself, too!
Wall is so big, it truly helps to have a professional help you who knows the area. As a former resident of Wall, I'd be happy to work with you.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi Trish, 07719 is a large zip code with several municipalities. For example, Belmar, a beach town is within Wall Township (07719) that has some address that require flood insurance. So the first question you need to determine is which municipality. Then you are looking at proximity to beach, lakes, rivers. There are other factors to consider in a homes setting that will help you know if you are looking at a problem. There could be 2 homes on the same block and one gets water in the basement and one does not. If you would like a little more guidance feel free to contact me. In general, if you are looking inland, Wall Twp is not known as an area that has habitual flooding. Don't be afraid to look for a home in Wall, just keep your eyes open for signs of previous water penetration asyou search for your new home.Feel free to contact me if you need any other assistance. Debbie732-535-1241
thank you debra, i'll contact you in the coming days:)
Flag Thu May 3, 2012
trisha,

What makes u think Wall Township has flooding issues. I do business there regularly and have never experiences flooding. Did you you a horror story in particular?

Would like to have an opportunity to continue to communicate with you as I know the area well. Please do not hesitate to call me @ 732.606.2931.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931 (24/7)
Web Reference: http://www.patriziore.com
thank you i'll call you in the next couple of days when i have a little free time:)
Flag Wed May 2, 2012