Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Snoopie0903, Home Seller in South Philadelphia W...

can some of you guys take a look at MLS 6041746 and tell me why it wont sell?

Asked by Snoopie0903, South Philadelphia West, Philadelphia, PA Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

8
Robert Travers’ answer
Here is a little info on the property.
RVM® Range: $127,662 – $162,478
RVM® Change - Last Month: –$8,540
RVM® Change - Last 12 Months: –3.28

Remember Selling a house has to do with price, location and condition.

The 2800 block is a real nice block so location is good. That leaves condition and the price should reflect the condition.

Also your showings are limited because the listing agent has the key in his office and must show up to let other agents in.

Your Real Estate Professional,

Robert Travers
Realtor®
PA Lic No: RS316370
Oh, by the way I'm never too busy for your referrals!

Keller Williams Main Line Realty
720 W. Lancaster Ave
Bryn Mawr Pa 19010
Mobile: (267)257-4051
Ph: (610)520-6599
Of: (610)520-0100
Fax: (610)520-1835

Email: rtravers@kw.com
http://www.househuntinginpa.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
thank you so much for that info. i really think i have a problem with the realtor in general.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hi Snoopie,

I'll be looking into this listing to see what I can do to help Fred better market this home. After reviewing comparable sales in the area, it is overpriced at $149.9K in its current condition. The house has a good location, only obstacles to sale are price and condition. They have a relative scaled relationship. The better condition, the higher price, and VICE VERSA.

The key in the office situation is never an issue. When an agent calls to request a showing, we let them know they can pick the key up at the office (which is very close to the property), or one of our agents can meet them there with advance notice. If an agent is meeting their client at the property, 99% of the time, they pass our office on the way to the property. This also gives us another opportunity to personally promote the house to that agent, highlighting the best features of the home.

I will go check it out tomorrow and take some new pictures. I'll also beef up the property's presence on the internet. I'll discuss a sales strategy with Fred and have him call you to discuss it.

This is prime selling season. We should secure offers for you shortly.

Larry Lichtman, CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

DJCRE, Inc.
Real Estate Sales & Leasing
Property Management & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
Could it be that it is only 2 bedroom?
I have no more questions I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and i will take everyone's suggestions into consideration,however i also will add that i take partial responsibility for not doing more research as far as comps and such in the area,but I was more concerned with moving my mother out due to illness and at the time put my trust in a professional. Hopefully the agent and i can come to some kind of an agreement on where to go from here..Best of luck to you all and hopefully i will be putting this behind me very shortly and can move on to better things. thnx again
OK Snoopie,

From my past experience in selling homes over 17 years, I discovered that When you have a Buyer with Interest.... You should strike when the Iron is HOT ....Not to waist time and chase down a key to show a home. If the Showing agent opts not to pick up and return a key due to time restraints.... this option may discourage the Showing to happen.

All the Best John Curci
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
if I m suppose to know all of this...why do people hire realtors? what if their role in this just the commission
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012
thnx everyone for your input...realtor put the price tag on this property noit me.
has alot of explaining to do
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Because this the most expensive two-bedroom in the zip code in it's condition. There are fewer than a dozen homes in 19145 (only looking at 2 beds, 1 bath) priced higher and almost all are in pristine condition.

Moreover, there have been only three recent sales (past 6 months) for at or above the asking price of this home.

90% of the time, the only true answer to your question is "price".

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred - Conshohocken
jstein@cbpref.com
Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894
PA License #RS317975

If you know anyone who needs help buying, selling or renting in the next 90 days, give me a call so I can help them meet all of their real estate goals.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
thnx for the input now if i can only get the realtor to listen to me....sometimes i think i m talking to myself
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Price condition or location
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012