Home Buying in Anaheim>Question Details

marioburgara, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

can my wife's credit help me with my va loan? Her credit score is much higher than mine. But I still want to take advantage of my va benefit.

Asked by marioburgara, San Diego, CA Sun Jul 21, 2013

Answers

7
No, defiantly not. They will take the lowest middle fico of the two. So if anything it could have a negative effect if her fico is lower than yours. I’m an Experienced Mortgage Banker if you want accurate advice, guaranteed 10 to 20 day closing on your purchase transactions at Wholesale Pricing. Give me a call or send me an e-mail. I would be more than happy to help. sjablonski@crosslinecapital.com 714-797-5573
Sometimes it just makes sense to use the higher score. VA loans can sometimes be the best, but not 100% of the time. For zero down payment they typically are the best. For more details on how we can help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
We can certainly help you out. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com and give us a call. One of our loan officers will look at your situation and present you with some options.
YesI you can use Yoir VA benefit with your wife o,qualify.
Underwriting will,use the lower of the two scores
If your credit has issues due to medical, VA does not require these debts to be paidd.
If you have slow payments, they will need to be explained.
No,late payments after bankruptcy for a year.
Hi There,
I am also do VA loans for a local Bank, your credit score will be used, VA loans have so many good advantages, and one is the low score is accepted, I can help, all I do is VA loans.

Ken,
(949)232-4002
San Diego: does that mean you were in the Navy?
No matter; try the Navy Federal Credit Union: I know there's one nearby.
They serve all four services, so they don't care; but I'll think better of you!

And thanks for serving.
Probably, yes. The lower credit score (which you say is yours) will impact the rate of your home loan but it's worth a shot! Speak to a qualified lender in your community and go through the pre-approval process.