Asz, Home Buyer in 92570

can my husband buy a house with out me and if i am going through bankruptcy?

Asked by Asz, 92570 Thu May 13, 2010

Answers

4
Asz,

The short answer is "yes," your husband can buy a home without you on the loan, so long as he qualifies based on his sole income, assets and credit. However, beware of one guideline for FHA loans --- if, in fact, he ends up pursuing an FHA loan. California is a community property state. Therefore, your liabilities will be factored into his qualification EVEN IF you are not on the loan. Your credit scores will not be factored into the loan underwriting, but your monthly payments will be. Therefore, be sure your loan officer is taking this into consideration.

If you are not yet working with someone you trust, I would be happy to be of service.

Rob Spinosa
877-270-5959
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 13, 2010
Yes and No! FHA, they qualify both debts of a married couple
This is a good question for a loan officer or a underwriter. Also you might have to ask your lawyer about disclosing anything to the bk courts. no sure however
Depends--will his income alone qualify him for a mortgage--you may wish to consult with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if he qualifies, and go from there.
Yes but he cannot include your income to qualify. As long as your husband has a good enough credit score, and you have at least 3.5% of the sales price for your downpayment, he should be able to get a mortgage.