Home Buying in West Mifflin>Question Details

Joyce, Home Buyer in West Mifflin, PA

can i still buy a house with bad credit?

Asked by Joyce, West Mifflin, PA Thu Jun 14, 2012

im a single mother with 3 kids and ive been renting for 3 years can i still buy a house even though i have really bad credit?

Answers

7
contact me at RitaBrink@PrudentialPreferred.com with your information and I can help you get in touch with a mortgage professional that can help explain your options. You may want to look into an FHA mortgage
My credit score is below 620. Iam disabled, my wife works and we need a home 3 bed and 2 bath in Pleasant Hills, Pa. A home that meets the requirements in West Jefferson School District would be considered. Moved from Georgia 1 /2 years ago. Love the area want to live and raise our elementry school children here. can anyone help?
Most sellers want to see $1000-$2000 in hand money, but there is really no set amount of hand money. Down payments vary by lender, from 0% for Rural Development loans to 20% for a conventional lender. Government listed homes are usually being foreclosed on or are in government inventory. The foreclosures require 10% down at the foreclosure sale, with the balance due in 30 days. Homes in government inventory have different rules, depending on whether a home is "habitable" or "non-babitable". In those cases, it is best to contact the government agency. Government agencies will require good credit for financing.
if i was interested in a home that was 25,000 how much do you have to put down? and its gov listed?
If you are interested in southwestern Westmoreland County, I might be able to point you to one. Just send an email to me at: Virginia.Stump@remax.net.
thank you my credit is definitly below 620 .ive been trying the rent to own situation but i can never find anything out there but htank you ill keep trying.
Hello Joyce, I recommend that you find out what your credit score is. It might not be as bad as you think. However, if it is below 620, you should contact a reputable credit counseling organization, such as Advantage CCCS (http://www.advantageccs.org). They will help you correct your credit situation. When you buy a house, you want to be able to make the payments, pay the taxes, and afford the maintenance. I wouldn't advise rushing into a home purchase, if you are having other financial problems. Another option to consider is rent-to-own, especially if you are paying your rent payments on time. Try estates, for-sale-by-owner, or homes that have been on the market a long time.