Blendoblend, Both Buyer and Seller in Severy, KS

can i sell my home and condo in fl. w/o a realator? where can I find information in doing so?

Asked by Blendoblend, Severy, KS Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

9
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. Would you do surgery on yourself? Act as your own defense lawyer in court? Perform your own wedding ceremony? You "could" do all those things. Think the results would be satisfactory?

It is hard enough for people who are living in the home they want to sell to manage the demands of showings. If you don't live near by, who shows the property when someone calls or knocks on the door because of a sign in the yard? It is even harder for condo owners, as most condos do not allow "for sale" signs, and often have restricted access to grounds and buildings.

Will you refuse to work with buyers, who might well want to work with a Realtor to protect their own interests, because you don't want to pay a commission? Do you know how to price, stage, publicize, read and write and negotiate sales contracts and addenda? Do you know about seller disclosures, taxes, title, loan requirements for conventional and FHA and VA? How about insurance? Is flood required? Do you have all the condo documents? Do you know about lead-based paint, mold, escrow....? The task lists handled by the assorted professionals involved in any real estate sale, cash or financed, are long, demanding and time-consuming.

Yes, you "could." And you could lose in the long run. Weigh the reasons carefully before you embark on that journey alone. Realtors abide by a strict Code of Ethics. Scrupulous Realtors think win-win when they structure sales.

Best wishes to you. If I can be of service, feel free to contact me.

Elaine

"Taking the drama out of real estate"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
Yes, You can

Bira Conrado
Holland Associates
bcrealtor1@yahoo.com
727-831-9515
This is a YEAR old,
He's probably already made the mistakes:
Too late now!
Yes legally you can since you are the owner but agents have many tools of advertising and expertise that really owners don't so if you ever change your mind you can call at 727 512 0459 or email edhines@hotmail.com. There is a certain skill also for listing at just the right price so it doesn't sit on the market for three years. If you are motivated you should want it sold in 1-3 months

Ed
Yes, You can. The only way the Florida law provides to a non state license agent sell a home /condo is, if you are the owner of the property or work for a company that selling the property and will not received any compesation to do so.
Saving $18,000 of Tax Free Home Equity on a 300k home = approx. $24,000 of pre taxed income is why you should try to sell on your own.

Like I said below, you'll have an attorney in your corner, all they require in return is to handle the closing for you!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
Use one of the agents here, Why would you think you could do it on your own?
If you were on trial for something wouldnt you want an attorney on your side?
Well a home is just as important.
Yes you can, and websites like TRULIA can help you do this! But you’ll need someone local to open the doors if you are in KS. But if you live here, who better to sell your home than you?

It's not rocket science, you just need to team up with a Mortgage Broker to pre-qualify potential buyers and work with a Closing Attorney to handle the contract and closing.

There is a little more to it than this, but saving 6% of Tax Free Home Equity is worth it! I can tell you all about how to successfully sell your home FSBO

Saving $18,000 of Tax Free Home Equity on a 300k home is = approx. $24,000 of pre taxed income!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
Yes, you can. I'm a real estate broker here in Largo, Florida. You just need to call me at 727-831-9515, I'm associate broker with Holland Associates, Largo. Largohomestoday.com