Home Buying in Wilkes Barre>Question Details

Emily Munlyn, Other/Just Looking in Wilkes Barre, PA

can i purchase property with fair credit credit score 550?

Asked by Emily Munlyn, Wilkes Barre, PA Wed May 21, 2008

i have been renting paying 600 700 dollar rent tired of all that money would like too buy or get in some kind of program too buy i have a work history

Answers

10
Emily,

As Michael mentioned below is there a reason your credit is so low? Do you carry high balances? Late payments? or collections? I understand your frustration of paying $700 a month when it could be going towards an investment. With a score of 550 I personally don't know of ANY lenders that will currently lend on that. The minimum FICO requirements for programs that you are trying to get into is 580. There will also be other factors when a lender looks at your appliation do you have reserves? What is your debt to income ratio? Employment? If you need any further assistance please feel free to contacat me at any time 800-839-6186x334. Thank you and good luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
Yes scores are now a factor but YES there are still companies who have no minimum fico
scores for manual FHA UW´s and will not.

Now if anybody wants a good FHA manual UW specialist w/ no minimum scores and already closing the FHA increased loan limits e-mail me @

apeters@fgmc.com
Emily - There are many factors that go into the lending process. I do know of a credit repair program that removed 12 derogatory items off of one of my clients report and her score was raised 50 pts in 30 days. I would certainly suggest that you take that route and get your score in the 600's then you would qualify for a better rate. For more information on credit repair contact me at 240-381-6653.
Hi Emily,
I guess first you have to look at why your credit score is low. Is there a way it can be fixed? Credit score isn't the only thing Lenders look at. they also look at the amount of debt you carry and your work history. talk to a good Mortgage Consultant to help you find the best course of action for your needs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Good Luck!
Michael

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@aol.com
michaelddelp@verizon.net
http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com
You may be able to get fha, alot will depend on your debt ratio. You can't go over 41% dti on an fha loan.
Web Reference: http://GetPrequalified.com
Hello Emily,

You may qualify for FHA as mentioned before, I know some programs require a minimun 580 credit score and good on time rent payments as well as payments to your creditors as mentioned below as well. I just had a Taylor Bean representative in our office recently that mentioned they will loan to people with credit scores below 580 on a per case basis, however the rate would be higher. There is a possibilty you may be able to qualify for down payment assistance and you could purchase a home for almost 100% of the cost. Please consult a mortgage professional and weigh your options. Is there any reason your credit score is so low? You may want to consider taking steps toward credit repair, the better your credit, the cheaper it is to borrow money.
Web Reference: http://www.C21Infinity.com
Emily, you need to meet with a local lender to discuss your options. Your credit score is one of many variables used to qualify you for a mortgage. If you are unable to buy now, a smart lender will tell you how to improve your credit score and put you in a position to buy in the future.
First and foremost - i would work on building your credit.
It may take some time - but with a decent plan, and some discipline, you'd be amazed what even a year can do to your fico score.

There are some programs out there for people with bad credit. Honestly - the terms are not that good (okay, they suck) . Given the extra money you are going to pay for the privelage of getting a loan - financially it very well may make more sense to spend some time building your credit, and saving any extra money you have towords a downpayment. It may seem like you're throwing money down the toilet right now - but if you do get a loan, it will most likely consist of a lot more money down the toilet compared to the equity that you could be building instead of paying higher interest, fees, mortgage insurance, who knows what else your lender will try to hit you with.
You may be able to look at FHA financing, but you will probably still need enough of a down payment (up to 20%) with your score. You will also need a solid payment history to your landlord and other creditors.
No, I don't think so. You need a credit score of at least 650 at a bare minimium.