Emartin, Home Buyer in Texas

can i purchase a home without my spouse. She is self employeed and already has a home in her name.

Asked by Emartin, Texas Sun Feb 26, 2012

Answers

12
Cal Caylor’s answer
If you are in Texas they will still put your spouses name on the deed. Different lenders use different methods but they are supposed to pull the credit of the spouse but can only use the debt in your debt/income ratios. They are not supposed to be able to use any derogatory credit of your spouse against you.
I had to find out my husband told me I couldn't thank you cause am looking for a home with land.
James the answer to the question is yes you can, however you may have to carry your spouses debt. Also, you would need to make sure that your wife homes has the equity requirement, usually 20-30%, depending on the lender. The best way to find out would be to speak with a mortgage professional to see what options best suit your families current financial and credit situation. If you don't have a relationship with a lender or broker, please feel free to contact me and I will refer one to you :)

"Top Producer of Integrity, Service, and Results!”

Contact Me For All Of Your DFW Real Estate Needs

Erica Texada, Realtor, CDPE
214-680-4566 Direct
972-692-5770 Fax
Erica@EricaTexada.com

For The Most Up To Date Home Search visit http://www.ericatexada.com/about/index.htm
Hey Erica, you didn't answer the question...you just advertised.....

Erica Texada, Realtor, CDPE
214-680-4566 Direct
972-692-5770 Fax
Erica@EricaTexada.com

You can but she still owns half of the house, in Tx.
So…from the answers that you received you know that the answer is “yes” … in theory. If you qualify financially and credit-wise you can buy in your name. Of course, it is not that simple. Your next step, if you are serious, is to talk to a local mortgage professional or a Realtor who can provide a referral to same and find out if you are qualified.
Absolutely, you can purchase the house without your spouse if you can qualify for the loan without her. If you have additional questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. Thanks.
In the state of Texas for married couples it only takes one person to buy but you need both people to sell.
Her name per State laws of Texas would be required be on title
Assuming you qualify, you sure can. There are always creative ways to find financing in today's market. Contact me tomorrow and we'll get started, it can't hurt to find out.

Kevin D. Brown
KDB Properties
972.379.8931
Yes, you can. You would probably need qualify on your own though.

If you're serious, call me.

Beau Beasley
214 966-2100