southernlola, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

can i make an offer without agent on house if ivisited with them but no signed contract?

Asked by southernlola, Colorado Springs, CO Wed Jan 23, 2013

Answers

6
Jim Olive’s answer
Yes you can. And you can also stick your finger in a light socket. But why would you want to? Taking your own agent into the process protects you and costs you nothing. Going in alone doesn't save you any money, but more frequently ends up costing you more in the long run. It's like going to a gun fight with a knife, you're at a distinct disadvantage. On top of that, since they took you to view the home, the law is likely going to determine that they were the "procuring cause" and are, therefore, still entitled to the commission. Whatever you do (hopefully the right thing), best of luck with your purchase...
seller has agent already which is reputable and can handle purchasz at lower commission which is 1.5instead of 4.5 with 2 agents...which lowers the purchase price as the seller has a base price prior to commission. and my agent did not set up the visit of the second condo...nor even see it on MLS.
so I dont know how she can argue procuring rights...the seller offered me to see the second condo and not my accompanying agent.
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
You can, but why would you want to. If you don't like the agent you met, find one you DO like and work with them. Since the seller is paying the realtors' fee, it's free service for you and it's always good to have a professional on your team.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2013
it is incorrect to say the realors fee is the sellers to pay...because the seller will add the fee on top of his decided in pocket price...so the buyer pays it essentually. the seller hands over the check, but its the buyers money!
that is why this seller is willing to sell to me for a reduced price without paying agent fees...or 1.5 percent more with one agent...
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
How'd it all work out for you? My vote is to hire someone to do the work for you. If you didn't like your current agent, I hope you found someone else you can tolerate. It's always best to have an advocate working for your best interests. If it's the money you're hung up on... whether it's 3% or 1%- either way your paying for TIME and their EXPERTISE. TIME is our most valuable asset; it's the one thing we can't get back. Time is what we are spending with you to find your home. No one works for FREE here. Sorry to break it to you. I realize you can google everything and become an expert in minutes... however, when it's game time, it's best to have players that actually play the game and know what they are doing. Hope it all worked out for you.
I love Jim's answer...very funny...Thumbs Up!!! :o)
Can you prepare a contract? No? Then hire a agent. What are the laws in CO? Hire a agent. Want to hire a lawyer instead?
There are a lot of things we can do ourselves but when it comes to making a large purchase such as real estate it is always best to have someone who is knowledgeable about the current laws and contracts. You want to make sure you are being represented fairly and that everything gets done in a timely matter. I have worked as a buyers agent for many years and I have never had someone say they wish they had done it on their own. My services to buyers is free. The sellers pay me to sell their. What's not to like about that. You get represented by someone looking out for your best interest and it doesn't cost you anything. Call me at 719-661-8672 or email me. You have nothing to lose but everything to gain by hiring a professional when it comes to your real estate investments.
Pamela Weatherford
Keller Williams Clients Choice
719-661-8672
Soli Deo Gloria