Home Buying in 92110>Question Details

timpatmcg@ya…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

can i get a condo on the approved without the whole complex?

Asked by timpatmcg@yahoo.com, San Diego, CA Tue Aug 13, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Help the community by answering this question:


Nope, it's got to be the whole complex. Get an agent or lender that knows what they are doing. VA, can probably happen as long as there is nothing wrong with the complex. FHA approvalis a little more difficult, but it can be done.

J.R. Thrasher
(619) 929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 14, 2013
I dont understand the question? And I been in real estate for 31 years?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 15, 2013

Your questions isn't clear but I assume you're asking if you could get your condo on the approved FHA financing list without the entire complex being approved and the answer is no. FHA Approval is for a complex not a specific unit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 14, 2013

Your Question is not clear. You need to more specific. I will be more than happy to help you.

Manju Gupta, MBA, Realtor

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 14, 2013
Hey Tim, I will be happy to assist you. We work with pre-approved VA and FHA buyers all the time! Yes, the condo or town home complex required current VA or FHA certification allowing strict owner/tenant occupancy and HOA dues delinquency percentage ratio guidelines in order for you as a buyer to be able to obtain final loan approval. I have really great FHA/VA local lenders referrals with decades of experience, if you are interested. I can send you a free accurate, current list of condos and town homes for sale in your areas and price ranges when you private message me.
I will represent you like no other if you want to benefit from my 40 years of experience and unique professionalism with the highest integrity in your home transaction! Great representation really makes the difference in every buyers transaction contracting, financing, opening closing escrow. Message me at maureen@landangel.com or call/text at 760 622 6855. Let's make home happen!!
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hello Tim!

The complex must be VA or FHA approved (not sure which loan you are approved for). Some lenders are willing to do the leg work to get a complex approved if it is not already. However, you would need a Seller who is willing to accept you offer, contingent upon the complex getting approved. It is a process that can take 90 days to complete. Also, the complex must meet certain guidelines, including certain owner/occupancy rates and more.

I wish you the best of luck and if I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Richelle Szczygiel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Tim,

There are lenders who can approve the complex for your loan only. It's not a spot approval, they actually have to do an approval of the complex, but it would be only for your use. It may take a little longer in escrow, and the numbers still have to check out, but it's possible. Just ask your agent, who probably has already researched this for other buyers.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala
Independence Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Tim,

If you are referring to FHA or VA approval, the complex needs to be approved. Even conventional loans have owner occupancy restrictions. If your motivated to move forward to getting settled in a home, I can meet you for a consultation.

Best Regards,

Bill Browne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
I assume you are referring to getting a unit FHA approved.

You can get the unit and complex FHA approved at the same time at NO cost to you with a lender that I work with. Of course, they must meet the FHA requirements. There is a specific program that the lender uses to do it. Not all lenders are able and most that provide this service charge the buyer a large fee in order to do it.

Please feel free to call or email to further discuss!

Theresa Mack
Mack Real Estate
(858) 230-4850
Web Reference: http://mackrealestate.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
It's possible, BUT there is so much more info needed. Consider speaking with a Loan Officer who has experience with condo financing. I'm always available to help if you need someone. I can tell you exactly what documents you need and what you'll qualify for. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Yes you can, if you would like more information just call me or send an email.


Jain Rishab

Short Sale and Foreclossure Resource
510 676 4770 (CELL)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013

It depends on the type of financing, also there are some loan programs that are similar to VA and FHA with less restrictions, let me know if you need any help

Baruch Rosenberg
Keller Williams Realty

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Are you trying to ask if you can get approved for a mortgage on a condo you are buying?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
I'm not sure I understand your question? Are you purchasing using VA or FHA financing?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer