Home Buying in 94610>Question Details

Daniel Lamar, Both Buyer and Seller in Maryland Line, MD

can i find my own lender for a bank owned property?

Asked by Daniel Lamar, Maryland Line, MD Sun May 3, 2009

There is a property i want to purchase that is bank owned who will only approve a 203k loan for perspective buyers. The bank wants a 650 credit sccore and won't approve any lower credit score. I want to find a new lender to finance the home with a conventional loan, and repair the home myself. Is this possible?
I have a house on the market, and will have 110, 000 dollars after the sale. I also earn over 100k a year.
I want to settle all outstanding loans and credit cards, the new mortgage will be 276k - downpayment of 52k =
224k for 30 years.
I have offered the current bank lending the monies to automatically deduct the mortgage from my account and built in their contract not to obtain any other loans unless they approve such transaction.
I have been in employment at a large firm for over 35 years, have two degrees. My current credit score is a result of online banking where some transactions missed the due date. My net each month will be $5200.
Please help.

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes, you can find your own lender for a bank owned property.
The issue with the owner only being willing to do a 203K for that property sounds odd, unless it is the only renovation loan that bank offers.
You're going to have trouble finding any bank that will finance you with a credit score lower than 650 - especially if it is much lower. (I think for most 620 is the bottom rung).
What you will have if you can sell your current home is irrevelant, unless it is under contract and even then anyone in this market knows not to count your chicken before they are hatched (in other words - HOPEFULLY the sale goes through).
Your offer of particular unique terms are irrevelvant, banks are unable to make very personalized deals... you must fit into a box they have.

So, shop around for lenders. Your real estate agent will be able to refer you - or you can go to my web site (look under service providers). I have fabulous lenders.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 3, 2009

If you went ahead and did the 203K loan in the beginning, then try to convert it later to a conventional loan, that may work.

With your employment history and proof of funds, a lender would want to work with you.

I'm sure there are many loan brokers who can come up with different scenarios for you. I can give you the names of at least two independent and very reliable brokers and a Wells Fargo lender who can offer 203K loans and other options that may meet your needs.

It can't hurt to speak with these folks and see what they can do for you. Let me know if you'd like their names/contact numbers and I will be happy to give you that information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 3, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer