Jade, Home Buyer in 72616

can i buy buy a good home for 1k-6k?

Asked by Jade, 72616 Sat Mar 6, 2010

Answers

6
Jade,

I am not sure about Arkansas, but in Las Vegas I can find you a good home in a newer area, which can be approved for FHA loan, if you personally qualify! For example, a brand new home, 1400 sq/ft, 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, warrantied, for a low $150,000, which would be about $5,250 down plus some closing costs! Monthly mortgage payment (including Taxes and Insurance) is estimated just under $1,000/mo!

I can help with any of your Las Vegas Real Estate needs or questions; feel free to contact me direct.

Search the Southern Nevada MLS live at http://www.markfleysher.com

Mark Fleysher, MBA, Realtor
Broker-Salesperson
702-291-8186
mfleysher@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.markfleysher.com
Make sure the wheels are in good shape in case you have to move the home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 7, 2010
Wow. Now that is a "tall order". It's VERY doubtful that in even the most depressed markets, you'll find a home selling in that price range that doesn't have SERIOUS condition issues. My suggestion would be to consult with a mortgage Loan Officer, maybe one at your bank, and discuss whether you may qualify for a mortage. If you are working, even in a low-paying position, you may qualify for a mortgage at a level that would allow you to investigate homes priced higher which may meet minimum liveability standards. Good luck.
There are homes that have sold in this price range. Define Good. Everyone has a different view of that. Just make sure you know what you're buying and have an Inspection that will give you a better overall idea on the condition of the property and related issues.
In many areas, this is the amount for a monthly rental......you should have concern about these types of opportunities. Remember rule numner 1. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is......"

Proceed with caution on these types of offerings.

Not sure where you are seeing properties listed at that price range--proceed with caution, read all the fine print--properties/house in the 1K-6K don't exist--the land alone is probably worth more.