Home Buying in Green Bay>Question Details

Corina Adams, Renter in Green Bay, WI

can i buy a home in green bay wi. on s.s .i disability wth poor credit?

Asked by Corina Adams, Green Bay, WI Wed Jan 19, 2011

Answers

5
Anna Brocco’s answer
Much will depend on just how poor your credit is, and your overall finances--therefore do consider visiting with any qualified loan officer(s) first; after reviewing your overall financial information, your loan officer can make a determination on qualification--the type of loan, how much, necessary downpayment, etc.; if for some reason you don't yet qualify, your loan officer may offer great suggestions as to what needs to be done in order to qualify in the near future.
Hello....I work for a legal consumer firm that helps to resolve those type of credit issues. Please give me a call to see if I may be able to help...that is if you’re actually looking to get the situation rectified.

Sergio Marshall
972-231-0452 ext 109 http://www.whitejacobs.com/sergio-marshall
your lender will look at your credit score and your debt to income ratio. If your debt to income ratio is too high an option available to you is do you have someone willing to cosign on the mortgage? Both you and the cosigner would need to qualify credit wise.

Do you know what your credit score is? Many have told me they won't qualify for a mortgage because they have poor credit but once I ran their credit scores I was able to get them approved and their credit wasn't as bad as they thought.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to get approved or I can run your credit. If your credit isn't high enough I can let you know what could be done to improve your score.
Hello Corina,

You need to contact a Mortgage Loan Officer to answer that questions. It is going to depend on Credit Score and How much you receive monthly. Usually the Loan Officer will be able to Gross up your SSI income by atleast 25% to help you qualify for a home. Its a wicked combination of score and income which will determine if you are able to purchase a home and what about you'll be pre-qualified to purchase.
Anna,Good Answer. Corrina also check with your local/State community programs which may be able to help through housing assistance programs.