Tezmocruz, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

can i buy a home .i just went bank rupt a over a year ago .and i have a steady job been working there for 18 years why cant i buy a home even if i pa

Asked by Tezmocruz, Bakersfield, CA Sun Dec 30, 2012

y my rent on time .first time buyer can somebody help me out ,,

Answers

7
Rosa Pace’s answer
Hello Ron,

I am sorry to here that you had to do this but there is a time period that you have to wait, please don't feel alone there is other people in the same position that you are in. I would strongly recommend that you talk to a lender and go over what is on your credit bureau so that you have thing in place when you get thing in order. A lender can guide you and help you correct any other issues while you are waiting.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance
Best Regard,
Rosa Pace
Thanks . Happy New Years
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
When you talked to Attorney about filing BK, you surely were told the consequences:
It is not just a matter of your Credit Score, but the Lenders will give you a "time out".

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Hi!
Do you have money to put a down payment? Because if you do like ....$10,000 you can do Rent to own for 3 or 5 years while fixing your credit records.Give me a call (801)641-4123 and let's talk.
Don't get discouraged! There are always a few sellers who are willing to offer financing to Buyers who have a good work history and some cash to put down. Just make sure they are willing to carry the note for a length of time adequate for your credit to get repaired enough to qualify for conventional financing.
You may want to talk to a lender like Wendy Lloyd at Security National office 801-508-5633 Office
801-915-3334 Mobile on this program that just came down: FHA Trims Waiting Period for Borrowers, Who Experienced Foreclosure: The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is allowing borrowers who went through a bankruptcy, foreclosure, deed-in-lieu, or short sale to reenter the market in as little as 12 months. you can read more at my website: http://www.affordableutahhousing.com. You may just meet these requirements and be able to own your home this year. Let me know how else I can help..
Bankruptcy is difficult. If you are 1 year discharged from your BR then you may need to wait another year. There are some programs out there that you can work with. Contact your favorite lender and ask what you can do. In the meantime keep paying your bills on time and try not to incure anymore BAD debt.
Depending on the kind of bankruptcy, a judge can allow you to buy after 12 months provided that you will find a lender that will underwrite the mortgage. The judge will look at your current rent you are paying and compare that to the mortgage obligation you may have. If your mortgage is less than the rent, you will have a good shot at getting it approved by the court.
The best advise is to find a lender you trust and start working with him or her. Your lender can guide you in the process that is involved.
Best of luck.