Home Buying in Warrington>Question Details

Mr.jon, Renter in Warrington, PA

can 55 condo or town house be rented to those who are under 55 year old?

Asked by Mr.jon, Warrington, PA Thu Aug 11, 2011

Answers

4
Before you buy get a copy of the home owner association rules and regulations. Some may not allow you to rent even if the tenant is over 55 years old in 55plus community.. I know of one such community .
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
If the unit is listed with a Realtor, he/she should know the answer to that question. But ultimately, Frank and John are right on target...the age-restrictions will be spelled out in the association's rules and regulations. Typically, one person listed on the lease must be over 55, and no one who will be living in the house may be under 19. Some associations allow a certain percentage of owners/tenants to be under 55, but one can not assume most over-55 communities allow it.
I would check with the community association for their current rules regarding renting. You will find the answer there.
I suspect the answer is ‘no’ but you will find out if you read the rules for the community.