Home Buying in East Peoria>Question Details

Kimberly Elm…, Home Buyer in East Peoria, IL

can a single parent who is on East Peoria Housing buy a home? Or rent to own a home ?

Asked by Kimberly Elmore, East Peoria, IL Thu Jan 20, 2011

Answers

4
Some housing assistance programs will allow you to use your benefit towards a mortgage, but the lender will have to OK it as well. I've included a link to the Section 8 program in Chicago that allows you to use your voucher towards the monthly mortgage payment. Contact your agency and see if they have a similar "Choose to Own" program. Good Luck.

The information in this answer provided by Attorney Ranj Mohip is general information and is not intended as legal advice, nor does the attorney intend to create an attorney-client relationship with any reader by answering this question or otherwise contributing as a member of Trulia.com.
Strawberry:

A home purchase will depend on your financial situation. The best thing to do would be to speak to a lender. They will ask you questions and check your credit history to figure out your current situation and financial positioning. Then I would recommend that you use a Realtor to help you find what you are looking for - either rent to own or home purchase. On a positive note, usuaully the commission for an agent will be paid by the seller. Feel free to click on my name, then use the 'contact' button... We can speak one on one and I can make sure to refer you to some professionals in your area that can help you.

Linda Dressler, Realtor®
SRES, SFR, ADPR
Strawberry;

The answer would depend on your credit score. I would recommend contacting a bank and asking that question to them.

You can buy a home, the question you really have is can you get the financing. Check my website for bank phone numbers or feel free to call me and I can send a list of banks in the area to you.
Web Reference: http://www.TonyBrust.com
You can certainly purchase a home as long as you qualify for a home loan program. If you cannot qualify financially, we could look into the avenue of "rent to own" or a "contract for deed" option. I would love to work with you and try and get you financed. Give me a call at 309 251-8348. I look forward to talking wtih you soon. Vickie Stiel, Traders Realty