ronnasue.fel…, Real Estate Pro in Bloomfield Hills, MI

can a counter offer by a seller be rescinded by email before a buyer presents his acceptance in writing or any communication?

Asked by ronnasue.feldman, Bloomfield Hills, MI Tue Jun 11, 2013

Answers

5
At least in Florida, when a counter offer is presented, the original offer is cancelled. Until an offer is signed and that acceptance conveyed to the offeror, there is no contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 11, 2013
Yes. A buyer/seller can rescind an offer or a counter as long as the other party hasn't officially signed anything yet. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
Email is communication. In Michigan unless something is written into the contract via an addendum it is not officially part of the contract. A docu signed emailed addendum withdrawing the offer is a valid way to withdraw an offer.

Nancy Robinson Century 21 Town and Country 248 224 1013
You are best served getting that answer from a licensed attorney in the state of MI who understands contract law. I am not an attorney, nor can I or do I give legal advice. So, this is just my opinion...

I believe that the answer is yes that a counter can be rescinded prior to notification of acceptance. But again, seek legal counsel.
In Minnesota - Yes. Just as you could have rescinded your offer prior to any acceptance in writing or any communication by the seller. You'll have to check with your Realtor on the rules for Michigan.
We see this happen usually when a seller gets a better offer during the negotiation process and nothing is finalized.

If you like this answer or if it was useful to you, a quick click on the green 'thumbs up' would be appreciated.

Kim Eisen
"Helping People Make Smart Real Estate Decisions since 1980"
(651) 457-HOME (4663)

http://www.QuickHomesSearch.com