Sandy, Home Buyer in Brenlan, Round Rock,...

can I use different real estate agent while my real estate agent have already done pre-approve document?

Asked by Sandy, Brenlan, Round Rock, TX Mon May 16, 2011

Answers

6
Yes you can. Just contact the loan officer who pre approved you and ask for a pre approval letter. The loan officer is also your agent and should work for you. You can then take that letter to agent of choice.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Let me know if you need any other help.

http://www.realdaniel.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
As long as you are not in a written agency with your real estate agent you can switch. If he has helped you get pre-approved then that's all he or she has done and you can move on if you are not happy. Check everything that you have signed to make sure.

If you have an Accepted Offer, I doubt you'll be able to change Agents. If all you've done is get a Pre-Approval, you should be fine. I'd have to look at all the paperwork you've signed to see for sure.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
As long as you do not have a buyer-broker agreement, you can fire your agent and hire a new agent (California). It's always best to talk it over with your agent so they know where their weakness was working with you. Most of the time it may be a personality conflict and they can refer you to someone that is a better match with your needs. Buying a home is one of the most important things you'll do in your lifetime and you need to feel comfortable and confident in your agent's abilities. Remember they work for you!
Actually as a RE pro I'd like to know a little more. What's the reason for your change? Trying to save a few bucks? Personality conflict? Pissed off at him for some reason? Did he provide you with a reasonable service? I'd personally like to know what your motivation for excusing this RE agent is before I offer up an answer.
Sandy,

Your real estate agent and your lender are entirely separate. If a buyer comes to me by way of a Realtor and then chooses to stay with RPM as the lender but use another agent to help find the home, that's not a problem as far as we're concerned.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com