Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Grilla28, Home Buyer in

can I get mortgage loan with 614 credit score?

Asked by Grilla28, Thu Aug 30, 2012

Any names of companies or banks that are working with low scores?

Answers

9
Lynn Brock’s answer
Grilla28, Yes, as along as you have other compensating factors, income, assets, work history and a good property.

You have received replies from many compentent mortgage brokers to your question. By contacting one of them you will be able to quickly determine what you qualify for.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
I work with a lot of people who have less than perfect credit, seems like you can get approved now. I tell all my clients that need a pre approval to visit The Lenders Network, I have seen loan approvals from them even with scores under a 600. So if anyone can get you a loan they can.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 10, 2013
-
Yes, but you'll need more down.

We can look at doing a re-score on a "what if" program to see what debts can be paid down to get to the 620 score to be able to put 3.5% down on a FHA loan

http://www.pro-option.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Assuming you meet all other requirements, the answer is yes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
You may talk to a mortgage broker, Good credit score is required to get mortgage but there are some exception of this rule, So you need to find out your situation. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Hello. In the current market, very few lenders are willing to provide home loans to borrowers with credit scores below 640. However, I am pleased to say that at Residential Finance Corporation our minimum credit score for an FHA loan is 620 and for a VA loan it is 580. If you are a Veteran, you qualify at your current score with us. If you are not a Veteran, your score is only 6 points away from 620 and so after reviewing your credit, there may be room for improvement to get your score up in a short period of time. I would be happy to take a look at it for you. You may reach me at 813.316.2175 or tami.lamanna@myrfc.com.

Tami LaManna
SENIOR LOAN OFFICER
http://www.residentialfinance.com
Company NMLS ID: 1652
Individual NMLS ID: 232276

RECENT AWARDS:
• WINNER, Inc. 500|5000, Inc. Magazine, 2009 – 2011
• WINNER, Florida's Best Companies to Work For, Florida Trend Magazine, 2011
• WINNER, Best Places to Work, Business First, 2009 – 2011
• WINNER, Excellence in Practice, American Society for Training & Development, 2009
• WINNER, Sales Department of the Year, American Business Awards, 2009
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Perhaps, your first step should be to meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailfy you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus financials and depending on how much you have for a down payment or closing costs, they can outline what may be available,. Anyone else is just guessing without going through the motions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Grilla28 - A 614 credit score is enough to get a loan on the surface, but it will depend on your outstanding debt, income, length of employment, length of residence and other factors. It's best to talk to a lender who can tell you pretty quickly if you qualify for a loan.

Best wishes,

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Phone/Text: (813) 766-1501
Email: Marg@tampahouse1.com
Website: http://www.TampaHouse1.com
WILD CARD: Keep in mind that you might also want to look at Hard Money Loans. Pay the higher interest rate to close the deal and then refinance. Otherwise, you going to have a weaker offer than most buyers. Cash is king!