Home Buying in Chelmsford>Question Details

Rummus, Home Buyer in Lowell, MA

can I compromise dining room for bigger rooms or kitchen space?

Asked by Rummus, Lowell, MA Tue Jan 18, 2011

Some homes have dining room but small rooms or small kitchen. Other home has bigger kitchen with small space for dining, but bigger rooms. which one has more value to buyers?

Answers

3
Voices Member’s answer
As the others have stated, it really depends on the particular house and the buyer's needs. That said, generally speaking, I would venture to say that buyers might prefer a bigger kitchen over a bigger dining room. A bigger kitchen--especially if it has modern appliances and presents well--will "wow" a buyer and really leave an impression. Personally, I know that I spend vastly greater amounts of time in the kitchen cooking meals than I do actually eating them with my family in my dining room. In fact, after the bathroom, the room that we probably spend the least amount of time in is the dining room.

Sharleen Joy Davis
Exit Premier Real Estate
85 Wilmington Rd.
Burlington, MA 01803
617.224.6171
SharleenJoy@gmail.com
Your buyers agent is the professional who can assist with your decisions. Much depends your how your family would use the room. Or floor plan of entire home

Families at times while owning the property PRIOR ever selling will convert the dining room into another room as office, playroom, another living space. THEN prior to listing home for sale clear out all personal items leave as a vacant room OR move a table into that area

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
It's really a matter of personal choice - the size of the family and their entertaining style. Most buyers will appreciate an open traffic flow between dining room and kitchen, no matter what the sizes of either.