Home Buying in Madera>Question Details

Maria Torres, Renter in Madera, CA

can I buy a home for my parents under my name if I'm as a dependent on their taxes?

Asked by Maria Torres, Madera, CA Sun Jan 22, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Of course you can. It is a free country. it would be interesting to know more about the situation, to be sure you are able to do so.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Hi Maria,
It will be difficult for an agent to give you the correct information based off the limited information given. Give me a call or send me an email and I can get you in contact with a good local lender that will be able to go over your situation and get you headed in the direction you want to go.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
If you are a dependent on your parents' tax returns you do not have enough income to support yourself. You need income to be approved for a mortgage.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
As I understand it, you should have your own Tax ID before you can purchase any property under your name.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 22, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer