Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

maabdou2000, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

buying rental property as investment

Asked by maabdou2000, San Diego, CA Mon Mar 31, 2014

Actually, I have the same situation . Me and my wife living overseas , we both American citizens, we are interested in buying rental property as investment . but what bank will lend us with no US income? we both have very good credit , how much down payment we need to pay ?

Hi there!

My first question is, are you in the military? or reserves? I'm wondering if you are stationed in another country and are receiving income for US purposes.

I will need to know a little more information to be able to assist you. You can contact me at any time via my information below.

Lisa Markham
Envoy Mortgage, Ltd.
NMLS# 947738 / AZ# 0921717
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2014
Where are you from? Based on that I would be able to provide you with more info.

Residential Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2014
I do not work on the lending side but I specialize in helping buyers purchase investment properties. I would be happy to help you find a rental property or two that offers a high return on investment. Please check out our web site at: http://positionrealty.com/investments/

I am looking forward to hearing from you regarding your real estate investment needs.

Sean Heideman, Designated Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Fax: 866-232-2256
Email: sean.heideman@positionrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2014
There are loan programs for expatriates just like there are loan programs for foreign investors. Your down payment may have to be a little higher and your income verification may be a little more complex, but you can do it. The fact that you are citizens is a benefit because the laws for foreign nationals may not apply.

Contact Amy Swaney at Citywide Mortgage she is an expert at these loans.
Email: amy.swaney@chl.cc

Let her know I sent you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2014
It's difficult to provide you with the right answers without first gathering more information. Feel free to reach out to me through Trulia and I'll get you all of the answers you need. Best regards. James