Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Sandyluckyzi, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

buying new house

Asked by Sandyluckyzi, Austin, TX Fri Apr 26, 2013

I will relocate to Austin. Plan to buy a new house, but I am a L1 Visa holder now, what's the process to buy new house? And I want to buy house near good private school for my 7 year old kid. Pls advise, Thanks!

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3102844371-Reserve-At-Lynnbro…

Answers

7
Sandyluckyzi,

1. Will you be in the L1A or L1B category?

2. Do you expect to stay for your maximum allowable period?

3. The new home community you've indicated is next to a VERY busy train track...are you aware of this?

4. There are private schools in the area but it would be important to know what is important to you in a private school (student / instructor ratio, curriculum, tuition, etc.)

Guy E Gimenez ABR, CRS, GRI
Broker and Owner
The PowerHouse Group
512.731.5613
512.233.2268 fax
guy@phgbrokers.com
http://www.phgbrokers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 26, 2013
Hi, Guy
Your questions make sense of me.
1. I am L1A now.
2. Yes, I will stay maximum period.
3. I am not knowing that. But I want to buy new home only, pls recommend. it relates to question 4.
4. I prefer private school like Austin Warldorf School or St. Andrew, which are good at science and math. But I don't whether we could apply for them successfully or not.
Flag Fri Apr 26, 2013
Sandyluckyzi,

Excellent private schools exist all around Austin, so first and foremost, decide on the type of educational environment you're looking for and identify your work location, if you'll be working at a location other than your home.

Commute issues can be significant, so the choice of where to live has to take into account your daily travel requirements, and if being close to the school while at work, is important, you should also consider this issue.

Since you're a cash buyer, you have no challenges whatsoever purchasing a home in the U.S. Foreign buyers are quite common, some without any visa status at all (pure investment purchases), and others with something as simple as a tourist visa so they can see what they are buying before hand.

A gentleman was in the U.S. from China just 2 months ago and bought 3 investment properties for cash on his tourist visa. No one asked any questions as long as he had cash, and he signed all his purchase documents remotely from Shanghai, having a few documents notarized at the Embassy.

As for the location of the home that this question is associated with, I would say it is not the best location you can find, and has some environmental challenges (the train for one) to deal with.

For a more current view of the Austin market, consider using http://www.austinhomesearch.com because it's the most accurate and most current source of information, that is not tied to any specific brokerage or agent website (it's run by the Austin Board of Realtors as a community service).

Call me with any other questions, or feel free to click on my profile to communicate via email.

Take care,

Jeffrey Schnabel
Broker | Partner | Keller Williams
512-913-7480
schnabeljs@gmail.com
Sandy,
As a local Realtor I" recommend that you contact Guy Gimenez who answered your question previously. He is a detailed fellow and takes great care of his clients. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for all answers. For your reference, I am cash buyer. Why I mentioned my status of Visa is that I want to know the process of buying new home for foreigners.
Hi Sandy
What is an L1 Visa, and where are you relocating from?

Anybody can buy a house, new or resale. The problem is obtaining a mortgage, but if you are a cash buyer it doesn't matter what kind of visa you are holding. You cannot obtain a mortgage unless you are a resident or a citizen and it seems to me that you are not either. Not sure what kind of status the L1 visa gives you. Please email me or call me and let me know what kind of visa this is and then I can probably help you better.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor
Sierra Homes Realty
512-554-5997
Sandyluckyzi, Why don't you call me today after 9 AM and I will connect you with one of my excellent lenders who can assess your situation at no cost to you and determine what you qualify for. Also, I represent buyers like you at no cost, and have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc., who can assist us throughout the process. I happen to be one of the top rated Realtors in Austin the greater Austin area, and would be happy to help!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)

Call 512-261-4415