Sindy Lucas, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

buying a condo in mechanicsville...good or bad idea

Asked by Sindy Lucas, Atlanta, GA Wed Jul 9, 2008

I don' t know much about the neighborhood but SW atlanta isn't the best ever. Let me know...thanks

Answers

3
James Dudley is a wise man.

Cindy. Get your real estate on, but open yourself up to more possibilities.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/
Cindy,
How long do you plan to hold onto the property? Is the HOA active and in the black? What is your reason for looking at a condo verses a single-family home? There are a lot of factors to weigh in on before just giving a yes or no to your question. If you can hold onto your condo for 5-7 years, the HOA is financially strong and the board is active in the governance of the building, and you are purchasing a condo for personal (not investment) reasons, then you have something to talk about. Take some time to think about your priorities and check off what is accomplished by purchasing, not just a condo, but any property. Then, once you decide you want a condo, it's time to weigh the buildings to find the one that could be your new home. Feel free to check out my website or call me and I can help you through the process.
Cindy,

Buying a condo anywhere is a bad idea. There are plenty of foreclosure properties you can consider if price is your issue.