Home Buying in Elmhurst>Question Details

Susan, Home Buyer in Elmhurst A, NY

buyer agent commissions

Asked by Susan, Elmhurst A, NY Sat Mar 27, 2010

i like one property in 4252 and asked my agent to make an appointment they say it close for showing but when i called by myself the listed agent can show me the property. so i know that this is about commission ( i know from my previous question )so the listed agent dont wanna share commission with another agent . so it 's oke if i go without my agent but i am going to pay for her commission. and how many percent from the sale should i pay to my agent in this case she supposed to get sharing from seller agent

Answers

5
Susan,

Unfortunately, I have had that happen too. I couldn't get an appointment to show the house, but my buyer could get one through the listing agent. After my client made the plans with the listing agent, I called them up and asked why I wasn't able to show it but they were. Suddenly I was given access (and my client bought the house.) You could also take your agent along with you during the time scheduled with the listing agent. I really think you need your own representation, especially if you happen to be working with someone on the other side who is less than candid.

Good luck to you!
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
Hi Susan. If this is a listing on the MLS and the listing broker doesn't want to "share" the commission, I would make the apointment and bring my broker with me anyway. If you are indeed working with your broker, this would be that in spades.

The Multiple listing service allows for cooperation between brokers. Any listing broker trying to bypass this concept by saying no further showings to a broker but yes to you would be highly suspect in my opinion. If they are willing to misdirect another broker, can you imagine how fast they will throw you under the bus?

If you are goign to pay your broker, that fee can be negotiated between you both. I would only say that you negotiate before submitting any offers and get it in writing. Good luck.
As already stated, ask your agent about a buyer broker agreement and negotiate the commission with your agent, all commissions are negotiable, there are no set standards--With the buyer broker agreement your agent will be able to show any property including the office exclusives (as this seems to be) of any other realty company.
I would have your own agent represent you request for your agent attend the meeting with you.

I would believe listing agent wants you on property determine if she can snag a new client YES CLOSE means no other offers being accepted.

Then you and your agent meet the listing agent AMAZED what will take place.

Great myth regarding % off list price , in some instances sales offer could be over list price or way below your agent who represents who works on your behalf determine what works best for all parties

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Consultant
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Speak with your agent about having he/she sign you on as a buyer client. You can negotiate the commission with your agent at that time. THEN have your Buyer Agent call the listing agent and make the appointment for you both to see it. The listing agent can not deny you and your agent access.
Best if you are represented with an agent acting on your behalf. Good Luck!